A space to collect links, resources and information focused on monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) and women's economic empowerment programming.
- Feminist MEAL Principles (Sept 2013)
- Oxfam staff may access the MEL of WEE resource guide on Compass
- Understanding and Measuring Women’s Economic Empowerment: Definitions, Framework, Indicators (International Centre for Research on Women, 2011)
- Review of evaluation approaches and methods used by interventions on women and girls’ economic empowerment. (ODI and Social Development Direct, funded by DFID, 2014)
- Measuring Change in Women Entrepreneur’s Economic Empowerment: A Literature Review (DCED, 2013)
- Capturing the Gender Effect: Guidance for Gender Measurement in Agriculture Programs. (ICRW, 2013)
- Gender Issues in Monitoring and Evaluation in Agriculture: A Toolkit (World Bank, 2012)
- Measuring Women’s Economic Empowerment: A companion to the roadmap. (UN Foundation and ExxonMobil, 2015)
Free online webinar on this topic - to register click on this link.-------------------------------------The importance of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) to enhance learning is by now well established. At the same time, practitioners are increasingly aware of the need to take into account gender issues to improve program effectiveness. But what does adopting a gender-lens mean for M&E and how is gender-sensitive M&E different? Clearly, disaggregating key indicators by male and female is not…Read more…
Some of you might be interested in this free online learning programme on Equity-focused and gender-responsive evaluations. You can customize the programme and only study what you want, or complete 10 modules and get a certificate. - Kimberly----------- UNWomen, Claremont Graduate University and IOCE, under the EvalPartners initiative, with support from The Rockefeller Foundation and in partnership with ReLAC and IPEN, are pleased to announce the opening of the first 2014 round of introductory…Read more…
Dear GST Community members, My name is Kimberly Bowman, and I've recently started as a Gender and MEL Adviser - I'll be working primarily with teams in Asia who focus on women's livelihoods, over the next few years.Over the next few months, I'll be conducting a "formative evaluation" of WEL work in Asia. You can find the Terms of Reference for the evaluation here: WEL Evaluation Asia 2013-14 ToRI'll be using this discussion board to post important documents and answer any questions. I'll…Read more…
Note: this page contains paid content.
Please, subscribe to get an access.