Welcome to Oxfam’s Knowledge Hub on Women's Economic Empowerment (WEE)!
The Knowledge Hub on WEE facilitates a global network of Oxfam staff, partners and other external organisations who are working on advancing women’s rights and economic empowerment, particularly in the area of smallholder agriculture.
The main objectives of the hub are:
- Promoting networking and peer-to-peer collaboration
- Developing programme policy and promoting good practice
- Assisting teams access technical support and resources
- Supporting fundraising and campaigning
- Supporting innovation, learning, accountability and communications
The hub delivers on its objectives in two ways: i) Decentralised support services through regional Communities of Practice (CoPs) on WEE and other Thematic Groups, which drive a large part of the learning agenda, and ii) Central support services, including but not limited to: an online platform for learning; sharing and networking based on a shared learning agenda, the coordination of programme policy development; facilitation of linkages to fundraising and campaigns; direct support to research; dissemination of learning; support for face-to-face events; resources for capacity building; and facilitating linkages with external stakeholders.
This online platform supports the work of the hub by enabling Oxfam staff, partners and others working on WEE to exchange learning, stories and experiences, as well as access valuable resources. It also enables country teams and regional networks to easily amplify their learning and planned activities to others in other countries and regions who may be interested in engaging with or learning from them.
Key features of this platform are:
- Blogs – read about work that members of this community are doing, including new ideas and resources
- Events – keep up to date on upcoming learning events taking place within Oxfam and externally. You can also access information on all past events held over the years by members of this community.
- Our community – More than 960 members from around 100 organisations across the globe
- Our work – an overview of global programmes and approaches of various Oxfam affiliates and cross-affiliate groups.
- Countries – a description of the WEE work that Oxfam is implementing in more than 20 countries.
- Forum – a space where members can post questions or share announcements.
- Resources – a collection of learning resources relating to women’s economic empowerment and sustainable livelihoods in agricultural markets.
- Newsletter – a newsletter sent to all members that feature new content from the last month.
If you are not yet a member of this online community – we encourage you to join today.
To learn more about what the Knowledge Hub on WEE is doing, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Glossary of terms: A compilation of key terms relating to WEE in Agriculture